In the menu below you will find some tips and advice that may be relevant in connection with your relocation.
Should you have any other questions – Don’t hesitate to contact us by phone or email, click here for more info. We will try to help you as best we can!
Timetable for moving process
- Where and when do I start?
- How early must be out when to move depends on how far you should move. Should we move internally in the same city it may be sufficient to order moving a few weeks before the move to happen. However if you are moving from eg northern Norway to southern Norway should submit an order about one month before the move is performed. Upon moving to / from abroad, we recommend that you are even earlier than 1 month.
Tips for packing of household goods
- Use different sizes of boxes – large boxes for light stuff – small boxes for heavy things.
- The boxes should not weigh more than 25 kg.
- The boxes must be completely filled up – this to be the most stable.
- Mark the boxes well with what they contain – this is important for proper stacking in the van – as well as delivery to the correct room in new housing.
- Avoid mixing different content in the same box – eg books and glass should not be packed in the same box. This is because the content can withstand different loads.
- Flammable / caustics, containers for liquid should not be packed together with other household goods. This is because of the danger of spills and insurance matters.
- Tape over the box when it is full. Do not use boxes without lids.
- Do not pack so much in the box that it becomes cool lid.
- Clothing can be wrapped in garbage bags – use then feel 2 sacks onto another so that there is less chance that clothes can fall out.
Documents and links
If you are moving to Norway from abroad – will need the following documents:
- The export form for moving freight to Norway – click here to download the document.
- Copy of passport
- Load / inventorylist
When moving – it is important to notify change of address to the mail company. Link to changing address – Change of Address
You must also remember to report any change to people registry. By following this link you can report the move online or download the form for relocation: